FDNY 4th Annual Open HouseJune 1, 2018
FDNY Foundation Congratulates FOMI GraduatesJune 13, 2018
Special Thanks to All FDNY Members Honored at Medal Day
Mayor Bill de Blasio and Fire Commissioner Daniel A. Nigro presided over the annual FDNY Medal Day Ceremony on Wed., June 6th at City Hall Plaza.
The event honored 67 FDNY Firefighters, Paramedics, EMTs, Fire Marshals and Officers for their life-saving work in the last year.
The FDNY Foundation would like to extend its thanks to all of the brave men and women of the FDNY and to those who were honored at the Medal Day Ceremony.
Notable medal recipients included:
- Lieutenant Michael J. Conboy of Rescue Company 3 will receive the James Gordon Bennett Medal and NYS Honorary Fire Chiefs Association Medal for saving a young child and another individual trapped in a fire in the Bronx.
- EMT Taylor T. Perez of EMS Station 8 will receive the Christopher J. Prescott Medal for disarming and restraining a knife-wielding individual in order to save his partner’s life and their patients.
- Firefighter Matthew J. Murphy of Rescue Company 3 will receive two medals; the Vincent J. Kane Medal for rescuing three trapped people from a fire in a 13-story building and the Brummer Medal for rescuing a trapped person from another fire in a Bronx home.
- Probationary Firefighter Amir S. Francis of Ladder Company 43 will receive the Probationary Firefighter Thomas A. Wylie Medal for his role in rescuing a family from a fire in Harlem just days before Christmas.
- Captain Christopher E. Kane, Probationary Firefighters Christopher Rossi and Dominic L. DiBiase of Ladder Company 149 will receive medals for rescuing three trapped individuals – including a young child in an intense basement apartment fire in June 2017.
- Firefighters from Squad Company 18 will receive the Firefighter Thomas R. Elsasser Memorial Medal for their brave and quick response to treat, triage and assist in transporting numerous critically injured patients from the West Side Highway terror attack in October, 2017.
Thank you, from all of us at the FDNY Foundation.
To view the complete Medal Day Book, click here.