The FDNY Foundation is the official 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to benefit the New York City Fire Department. The funds raised assist the FDNY in its mission to prevent and respond to fires, medical emergencies, disasters, and terrorist acts, protecting the lives and property of residents and visitors in New York City. The FDNY Foundation funds programs to help meet the Department’s training, equipment, and education needs.
This annual report provides us the opportunity to share the many things the FDNY Foundation has accomplished to help the FDNY save lives and protect this fiscal year. Some of the highlights are:
- Thousands of Fire Safety Education presentations offered throughout the city, with information available in many languages.
- Smoke/Co Alarm Installation Program #GETALARMED NYC for homes in high fire-risk communities.
- The distribution of thousands of free smoke detectors, batteries and fire safety information
The Foundation supports FDNY community outreach programs:
- The Youth Workforce Development Program introduces a new, diverse generation of young people to the FDNY and trains them to join the Department.
- Free, hands-on CPR training to New Yorkers, BE 911
- Physical training program for female firefighter candidates.
- Specialized training for Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMTs.
- Graduate-level management education for senior officers.
- College scholarships for uniform members.
- State-of-the-art training resources such as the FDNY High Rise Simulator at the FDNY Training Academy.
- Advanced tools, equipment, and response vehicles needed to address the complexities of response in New York City.
The following is an overview of the FDNY Foundation’s income and expenses for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2020.
|Total Support & Revenue||$ 10,098,372|
|Fire Safety Educational and Retail||$ 1,724,022|
|Wellness Programs||$ 488,692|
|Fire and Life Safety Programs||$ 4,726,661|
|Total Program Services||$ 6,939,375|
|Management & General Expenses||$ 276,016|
|Fundraising Expenses||$ 168,910|
|Total Supporting Services||$ 444,926|
|Total Expenses||$ 7,384,301|
|Total Liabilities||$ 1,426,117|
|Total Net Assets||$22,549,417|
ANNUAL REPORT: Download the latest FDNY Foundation Annual Report
990 FORM: Download the latest 990 Form
FDNY FOUNDATION AUDITED FINANCIAL REPORT: Download the latest FDNY Audited Financial Report