The FDNY Foundation is thankful for the commitment, bravery and sacrifice of our FDNY members. We are grateful for your support of the critical mission of the FDNY. Through community outreach, we educate our most vulnerable populations to promote fire and life safety in New York. Together, we keep the FDNY strong and resilient by ensuring that our Firefighters and EMS personnel have the best available training and equipment especially during these challenging times as they serve on the front lines fighting COVID-19.
We hope you and your loved ones have a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving! Below are #FDNYSmart safety tips to remember when cooking this holiday season:
· Stay in the kitchen. Don’t leave cooking food unattended
· Wear short or tight-fitting sleeves. Long sleeves are more likely to catch on fire or get caught on pot handles
· Keep the area around the stove clear of towels, papers, potholders and anything that can burn
· Treat burns immediately with cool running water
· Keep a pot lid nearby to smother a pan fire. Do not attempt to pick up a burning pot or pan. Shut off the heat and cover the fire with a lid
For more #FDNYSmart safety tips, visit:https://www.fdnysmart.org/
To make a donation in support of the FDNY Foundation, please visit: https://www.fdnyfoundation.org/donate/.
Wishing you a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving,
The FDNY Foundation