Barasch McGarry presents check from anonymous donor to FDNY Foundation Fired Up for A CureNovember 22, 2019
On this #GivingTuesday, please consider making a difference with the FDNY FoundationDecember 3, 2019
Today and every day, the FDNY Foundation is thankful for the commitment, bravery and sacrifice of every FDNY member. We are grateful to you, our friends and partners, for working with us to support the critical mission of the FDNY. Through community outreach, we educate our most vulnerable populations and promote fire and life safety throughout New York. Together, we keep the FDNY strong and resilient by ensuring that our Firefighters and EMS personnel have the best available training and equipment.
We hope you and your family have a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving. Here are some #FDNYSmart safety tips to remember when cooking this holiday season:
- Stay in the kitchen. Don’t leave cooking food unattended.
- Wear short or tight-fitting sleeves. Long sleeves are more likely to catch on fire or get caught on pot handles.
- Keep the area around the stove clear of towels, papers, potholders and anything that can burn.
- Treat burns immediately with cool running water.
- Keep a pot lid nearby to smother a pan fire. Do not attempt to pick up a burning pot or pan. Shut off the heat and cover the fire with a lid.
For more #FDNYSmart safety tips, please click here.
To make a donation in support of the FDNY Foundation, click here.
Wishing you a Safe and Happy Holiday,
The FDNY Foundation