The FDNY Mobile CPR Training Unit
The FDNY Foundation is proud to partner with NYC Service to fund the Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program.
The program equips New Yorkers with the skills to act in the event of cardiac arrest by offering free instruction across the five boroughs. The program, taught by certified FDNY EMS personnel, has successfully trained more than 50,000 New Yorkers in compressions-only CPR.
CPR, or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, is a life-saving technique that helps increase survival rates for victims of cardiac arrest. It works by maintaining blood flow to the heart and brain until help arrives.
CPR Training is free and convenient. You can register online for one of our session across the five boroughs. The FDNY Mobile CPR Unit will host bystander CPR Training sessions at your location for groups of 15 or more.
What we offer:
- Basic instruction on how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Certified FDNY EMS instructors
- Compressions-only mannequins and “watch-while-practice” DVD instruction
- Convenient locations throughout the New York City
- Parting gifts: key fobs with CPR instructions and access to the Life Saver app, which guides users through the CPR process, locates nearby AEDs, and keeps beats for 105 compressions per minute (available for Iphone & Android)
Check out one of our CPR Training Sessions with Mr. Met and staff from the New York Mets:
The FDNY’s Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program does not offer CPR certification at this time. Our primary goal is to raise awareness of the importance of immediate action in response to sudden cardiac arrest.