Education & Training
The most important part of the New York City Fire Department is the people: the bravest and best of the FDNY and the FDNY EMS.The FDNY Foundation is committed to helping the Department find, keep, train and educate these superb men and women. With your help, the Foundation provides funding to the Department to further this mission through the following initiatives:
- The Fire Officers Management Institute (FOMI) was developed in the wake of 9/11 to provide the Department’s high-ranking officers with a solid foundation in management principles and leadership strategy, especially in emergency and disaster situations.Learn More
- WNYF Magazine – With New York Firefighters is the official firefighter training magazine of the FDNY, and is read by fire departments worldwide. The quarterly publication informs readers on the latest critical developments, research, and regulations in FDNY fire safety and suppression. Learn More
- Training, conferences, conventions and meetings for FDNY Personnel provide members with its most cutting-edge research and training available, while allowing the FDNY to share their best practices on a national and international scale. Learn More
- The High-Rise Building Simulator and other equipment at the Fire Academy prepare firefighters to respond to the most difficult emergency situations by providing accurate simulations of the unique challenges they will encounter.Learn More
- Health & Wellness The FDNY Foundation funds health and wellness programs for FDNY firefighters and officers.
- Education Scholarships help firefighters meet specific education requirements in fire sciences and become better skilled for their difficult assignments.