2013 FDNY Symposium
2013 FDNY Symposium
The New York City Fire Department in partnership with the FDNY Foundation Symposium March 14th & March 15th 2013
- March 14th, afternoon NYC WTC site Memorial Tour and reception with NYC Fire Commissioner, Chief of Department and other FDNY leadership.
- March 15th, at the FDNY Academy presentation
The FDNY 2013 Symposium will delineate how the FDNY planned for, operated at, and mitigated post destruction from Hurricane Sandy, the storm of the century.
Topics An in depth examination of emergency personnel responses and operations at these incidents during and after the storm:
- Pre-staging of FD resources and equipment. Chief of Operations James Esposito will explain how the FDNY prepared for the storm by pre-staging units, decentralizing command functions, expanding communications and other tactics employed.
- Incident Management Team functions in planning for and interacting with all city agencies to help coordinate the response and prepare for the worst.
- Chief Robert Maynes will describe the challenges faced during a night of floods and fires.
- EMS Command operations involving Mass Evacuations of Hospitals, old age homes and other medical responses.
- Special Operations Command use of Marine, Rescue and Squad personnel, apparatus, boats and equipment.
- Safety Command will define how Risk management decisions were made to protect civilians and firefighters.
- Post storm operations. De-watering priorities of operations/distribution of limited resources. Doing the best with what you have.
- How the Bureau of Fire Prevention worked with building owners to get occupants back to work in buildings with appropriate life safety systems.
These topics and more will be discussed during a full day of lectures at the FDNY fire academy. A CD providing detailed official documents outlining the procedures followed during storm operations will be distributed to each attendee.
- Register before February 28th – the cost is $300.00 per person
- Register after February 28th - the cost is $375.00 per person
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
To make a reservation please call 1-888-273-0734. RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE BY THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2013
Please note that when making reservations, please refer to the FDNY Foundation – Symposium in order to get the special group rate.
To reserve your rooms online, please click HERE!
Space is limited so please register early!
For more information please call # 718-999-0779 or email Dave at
All proceeds from the Symposium benefit the FDNY Foundation, the official not-for-profit of the FDNY established to promote Fire Safety in New York City and help fund the professional development, training and education of members.